ACETAL │ DELRIN │ MAGNACETAL®
ACETAL │ DELRIN │ MAGNACETAL®
Acetal is an extremely versatile and high tensile strength material and is a semi crystalline plastic. It is a hard engineering plastic that offers excellent machining ability and mechanical strength.
Acetal is a thermo plastic that is often used in the manufacturing of precision parts that require high stiffness and other requirements including dimensional stability. It contains excellent properties that allow it to be an excellent material for both wet and dry environments and is used for parts that require low friction.
Acetal has excellent corrosion, creep and wear resistance. Acetal is widely used within the automotive and electrical industries. Acetal is recommended for components where there may be the need for a higher above temperature or moisture levels.
Acetal is often used in applications such as gears, conveyors, safety restraints, door systems and automotive industries where the need for high load mechanical systems are used.
PROPERTIES and BENEFITS
- Mechanical and high strength properties with low friction
- Acetal has zero moisture absorption making it ideal for components that are used underwater
- Acetal has excellent machining capabilities and is easy to machine
- Excellent dimensional stability
- Has a high resistance to organic solvents
- Recyclability aspect
- Gears and Bearings
- Automotive industry including components used with the car washing industry
- Valve and pump components
- Mechanical bearings that require high load tolerance
- High use in the electrical industry
- Telephone components
- Use in the food industry including in food processing machinery
ACETAL │ DELRIN │ MAGNACETAL® MAGNA PLAS VICTORIA PLASTIC EXTRUSION AND CNC MACHINING WORKSHOP
- Extruded │ Sizes available from 6mm – 200mm dia.
- Colour options for Magnacetal round rod profiles include natural (white), black, grey, blue, red, green and yellow
- A custom colour can also be arranged
Magna Plas Victoria’s onsite CNC Machine Workshop has the capability of producing for you high volume standard parts or custom machined components. Please do not hesitate to let us know what you need regarding Acetal CNC machined parts.
Magna Plas Victoria extrudes our Acetal plastic onsite, allowing us to be committed to providing you with your plastic needs in an efficient manner. We are here to help with your requirements and are happy to discuss any customer requests or enquiries with a high level of customer service. We appreciate you supporting local manufacturing and would be happy to discuss any products you require, including custom Acetal extruded profiles.
Please contact us with any drawings or enquiries you may have, we can provide you with high quality advice and a high level of customer service to ensure your needs are met when ordering with us. If you require a non-obligation quote, please do not hesitate to contact us today.